Login
Lexicon
Transformers Fanfics, Essays, Author Interviews and More...! Established 1996!

Truck-Bot by Firestorm

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Truck-Bot has two oddities about him, even discounting the fact that he was part of the Gobots line. The first is that even though he's an Autobot his primary color is black; the second is his unique gimmick.

While there's been a plethora of black Transformers over the decades, the majority of them have been Decepticons. This right here is sufficient to make him stand out. It also gives a bit of a "G1 Trailbreaker" vibe, which serves as a nice touch.

The other stand-out is his gimmick. Mounted on top of his truck cab (which would mean his navel in robot mode) is a spotlight assembly that is actually supposed to light up. There's a button on top which you press, and I guess by pressing it you're moving something into place and completing the circuit. However, this assembly is mounted onto the cab using a metal rod. Two of the three screws you need to remove to dismantle the spotlight assembly and replace the batteries cannot be accessed unless the assembly has been detached, but at present I cannot figure out how to remove this rod. This poses a risk of an acid leakage since I can't get in there to check the batteries. I suppose that the rod was a necessary evil as it would be harder for little kids to remove than if it had simply been glued into place, but this represents a case of short-term benefits at the cost of long-term harm.

All in all? While he represents a refreshing concept for the line, the fact that he can't even be given routine maintenance means that I can't rate him highly. He's a good figure, but you'll need to keep an eye on his spotlights for leaks. I can tell you from personal experience that having battery acid spill on your body is not a pleasant experience. Rating: 5 / 10.