Login
Lexicon
Transformers Fanfics, Essays, Author Interviews and More...! Established 1996!

Rise of the Decepticons - Prequel: Origins by Crystine

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Epilogue

On Cybertron, they say that history is recorded by those who are in power. In my experience, this has been largely true.

Sentinel Prime recovered from the damage he sustained from the requiem blaster, and eventually was replaced as leader of the Autobot forces by a new Prime. As for the Liege, he left Cybertron and wasn't seen again until much later, but that's another story. However, their legacy of war, and their lust for power and domination, has remained with us to this day… as the Autobots and the Decepticons remain locked in bitter conflict.

After Jhiaxus had been betrayed by the Liege, he took command of his own forces and went on to conquer many of his enemies, though he stayed well clear of Decepticon territory. Eventually, his relentless ambition for more power became an all consuming need that drove him ever closer to the edge of insanity. Whether he ever reached the point of no return, no one really knows.

Over time, the Decepticon name became legendary, and many stories have been told of our conquests, though many of them are, for the most part, untrue. Most, if not all, Destrons swore their allegiance to our faction, though they did so for less than admirable reasons; just because one carries the Decepticon badge, does not make one a Decepticon.

On Cybertron, they say that truth is stranger than fiction… and, in my experience at least, this has also been largely true.

After a long search for the place where I truly belonged, I finally found it amongst the Decepticons. However, my experiences with the Liege have left me with an internal struggle that, at times, still gets the better of me… though, for the most part, I have learned to keep it under control. If given the chance to relive those events all over again, however, I would not change a thing.

I have always been a seeker of truth. That is what we Decepticons stand for; truth, but also freedom, the right to be who we want to be. Of course, if you were to ask the Autobots what we stand for, well… I don't doubt that they will tell you something completely different. You can choose to believe their story, or not; either way, it doesn't really matter.

The truth will always prevail… in the end.

Starscream, Decepticon Air Commander