Login
Lexicon
Transformers Fanfics, Essays, Author Interviews and More...! Established 1996!

Pariah: Outtakes by Skywinder

Printer
Summary:

A selection of short scenes that for one reason or another never made it into Pariah.


Rated: G [ - ]
Category: Generation One
Characters: Ironhide (G1,G2,Transformers Movie 2007), Jazz (G1,G2), Megatron (G1,G2,MW), Optimus Prime (G1,G2,MW,RM,TFU, Transformers Movie 2007), Prowl (G1,MW), Punch-Counterpunch (G1), Skyfire (G1), Skywarp (G1,MW), Starscream (G1,G2,BW,MW,RM), Thundercracker (G1,MW)
Genre: Other
Location: Library
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes
Words: 9238 Hits: 2268
Published: 28/06/14 Updated: 02/10/16





1. Skyfire: Foundation by Skywinder [ - ] (931 words)

Welcome to Pariah Outtakes. This will be a one-shot series of scenes that I initially wrote for Pariah that I couldn't make fit or had to rewrite, such as the case may be. Just some fillers to show how it might have looked from another character's POV or other possibilities of what direction it could have gone. Will be ongoing for the duration of Pariah.

Some of you might recognize the following scene from Chapter 13 of Pariah. There is a reason for that. Initially, when I wrote that memory scene for Starscream, I had done it originally from Skyfire's POV. When I was done, I realized it would look a bit too strange, since Starscream was having this memory and not Skyfire, so I altered it accordingly.

Here is what I originally wrote. It has been expanded on slightly and edited to be a bit more readable.


2. The Paths Not Taken by Skywinder [ - ] (1649 words)
The following two sections were pieces I initially wrote to begin the chapters of chapters 5 and 14.

For chapter 5, my initial idea was to show a bit of the direct aftermath of Simfur, basically describing the reactions of both the survivors and the Autobots, and trying to show when the seeds of distrust were planted between them and the Neutrals. But it wasn't going where I wanted it to go, and I wasn't sure how best to continue it, so I eventually discarded that idea, soon after coming up with the scene in the Medbay between Ratchet and Optimus.

The section for chapter 14 was my 1st idea to start out the chapter. I was trying to come up with a good lead-up to the conversation between TC and Starscream, but again, I couldn't really make it go as I wanted to. It didn't feel right. But I did like a few of the ideas I came up with (the comm. call, Megatron's actions, the description of the arena) and ended up incorporating pieces of those into what became the final version of the chapter.

In both cases, the differences are very obvious.


3. Thundercracker: Respect by Skywinder [ - ] (808 words)
Basically, this is a reconstructed scene initially planned for Chapter 14, describing TC's thoughts regarding Starscream and why he started the conversation. My original idea was doing the entire conversation from TC's POV, but in the end, I backed off from it. I just was just too uncertain about whether I could get into his head well enough to speak in his voice. So I went back to Starscream's POV. Even looking at this now, I'm still not 100% sure I managed it well enough.

I'll let you readers be the judge, however, seeing as I'll be having to write TC in more depth at some point (whether for this or another story I'm working on) and wouldn't mind advice on the matter.

Here is what I imagined was in his head just prior to the conversation.


4. Morphed Segments by Skywinder [ - ] (1636 words)
The following pieces were those I'd initially written to start chapters 10 & 12, but wrote myself into a corner on. So I started again. As I wrote the new opening scenes for both chapters I realized I could incorporate what I'd initially written for them, only instead of scenes, they could be relegated to mentions, but enough would be put in from them both to add a little "meat" to the story, as it were.

Chapter 10: The scene I initially had in mind was an Officers' Meeting 3 orns after the conversation between Mirage and Starscream in the previous chapter, when the investigation was complete. The meeting became Wheeljack's thoughts instead during his conversation with Starscream in the Rec Room following those events.

Chapter 12: I started out the chapter with the intent of writing the encounter between Jazz and Prime as regards the rescue mission for Starscream. Again, it became Jazz's thoughts after Mirage asked about Prime's orders instead. That one is more of a snippet than a true scene.

Here they are as I initally wrote them. Again, these are reconstructed from memory with the help of what I had in the story.


5. The Paths Not Taken 2 by Skywinder [ - ] (2867 words)

Hey, there guys! Here's a few more Outtakes for you. All three were original opening scenes for chapters 16 & 17. Wanted to wait until I had Chapter 17 up before I posted this.

Chapter 16 isn't too much changed from the original scene which I ended up using for the story. Just a little of the wording is altered and was shifted slightly down in order.

The two original openings for Chapter 17 were done when I was trying to come up with a good interlude scene. Unfortunately, I couldn't make them work. These were also written during my NaNoWriMo attempt, which is probably the only notable thing about them.


6. Altered Scenes #2 by Skywinder [ - ] (1347 words)

Hey all, been a while since I posted anything for this, but until now, I didn't have enough for a chapter. Now, I do, and here you go, complete with explanations. ^_^

Chapter 17: When I decided to change course for the Interlude chapter, I also decided to start out with Ironhide's POV instead of Wheeljack's and Mirage's. Went through two editions. The scene as listed here was the first, and opened up with Ironhide witnessing the beginnings of an altercation between Starscream and Cliffjumper. Then I realized that it was heading in a different direction from what I'd started with, and Ironhide's exposition would go on too long before it got to the fight. So I scrapped it and started over, using a different take and character. Also rewrote some of the exposition.

Chapter 20: This was initially supposed to be the segment which wound up the first scene in chapter 20, where Starscream was talking to Mirage. After Mirage leaves, Starscream begins pondering what Mirage told him, only to be interrupted by Hoist telling him that the Ark was ready. But I just couldn't find a good way to end the scene using Hoist, so stopped here and switched over to using Wheeljack.

Chapter 21: Was having a ton of trouble writing out the opening scene for this. Trying to figure out where I was going wrong, and wanting to check on a detail I thought might not be correct, I went back to chapter 20. I found out I got more than one thing wrong with Starscream's behavior. So I ended up rewriting everything.