Login
Lexicon
Transformers Fanfics, Essays, Author Interviews and More...! Established 1996!

3: The Race For Survival by Phoenixfire90

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Chapter 3, Flight to the MechTech Laboratories.

A day later from Phoenixfire's Earth Log number: 177#

(From Optimus Prime’s Point of View)

 

It was morning, early morning so early the sun was only just starting to rise.

I was out on the runway with my flight armour on, watching Stratosphere transform and the Aerialbots heading onboard along with Bumblebee and.... Whitefire and Blackfire???

I walked up to them just they were about to board and said, “What are you two doing?”

“Um, getting on the plane?” Blackfire said.

“Oui monsieur Optimus Prime.” Whitefire said

“Did Wheeljack invite you two as well as us?” I asked.

“Oui et non.” Whitefire answered.

“You see Optimus,” Blackfire continued on from her sister, “Wheeljack and I were developing a new weapon about 3 months ago, but he took it to the MechTech labs after the Paris Decepticon attack, for protection reasons. So I want to go as well to see if it’s complete yet. Oh and Ratchet told Whitefire that the scientists were developing some new stuff for the Doc-bot so she has to see if it’s ready and if so bring it back to the Island.”

I nodded my head in approval and they boarded.

Just then, Phoenixfire came out of the base.

“Sorry I was so long but Ratchet called me in for check-up on my scarred neck at the last minute. I kept trying to tell him that you were waiting for me outside but did he listen? No...” She said.

“How is your neck anyway?” I asked.

“Slightly sore and stiff.” She answered rubbing her neck.

We walked together towards Stratosphere who was waiting patiently for us, but we went past the waiting jet and stood in front of it.

I looked at her as she stretched out her wings; as soon as she did they filled with the sea air.

She then reached into one of the pouches on her weapon bent and pulled out some sand, she threw it into the air and the wind carried to the right.

She nodded her head as her three phoenix tail-feathers twitched and then went left and right.

Pre-flight checks.

I should mention that she can take off straight into the sky in a Spark-beat, no pre-flight checks are really needed, but when flying forwards like plane she’s got to be more careful.

One miscalculation and it could be disastrous.

So she flapped her wings four times and said, “Wish me luck.”

I said good luck and she started running.

As she ran her body was at a downwards angle like a bird and she kept flapping her wings.

She lifted off the ground slightly once but then hit the ground running, kept going, and then she jumped and properly took off.

Tucking in her arms and straightening her legs, she used her body weight and her three tail-feathers to angle herself straight.

It was actually quite beautiful to see this.

But that was my queue to take-off after her.

I then ran, angled my body, activated my rocket boosters, jumped and took off.

Stratosphere fired up his engines and followed us into the sky.

 

Three Hours Later Somewhere Over the Pacific Ocean.

 

How the fuel in these rocket boosters have lasted this long I don’t know.

Maybe Whitefire put a new type of fuel in it.

“YEEEE HAAA!!!”

Phoenixfire’s just pulled off a barrel-roll around me; she started laughing like a young Sparkling.

She then flew upside down (which for the record I thought was impossible) and faced me, but it was only for three seconds, then she corrected herself as she sped forward.

From above I heard some strange sounds, it sounded like birds, gulls and albatrosses in fact.

They flew down to join us, Phoenix used air brakes to fly besides me and asked. “Do you want to go downwards?”

I nodded my head and we veered downwards slightly, the birds followed.

I felt the change in the air currents on my wings.

It felt so strange, so good, so new, but again so strange.

Just remember Phoenixfire has had years to get use to her wings, work out flying styles etc.

I’ve only just started flying.

I looked at my refection in the ocean and saw my daughter’s; she was sorting out her hair and putting one side of her hair behind her ears.

Her ears looked just like mine, which besides her removable battle mask were the only physical features that were left on her that she got from me.

I pulled up slightly and looked at an albatross which after having a good look at me looked rather confused.

Well, a robot with wings following another robot who transforms into a Phoenix, which keep in mind is the Leader of the Birds (according to human myth), is something you don’t see every day.

It probably thought we were birds and ugly ones at that.

Stratosphere then radioed us to say, “You two better be careful, my radar’s picking up a storm about eight miles ahead of our position. And it looks like a rough one.”

“What’s the best course of action?” I asked.

“Head North-East and circle round it then continue on course, should take about an hour and three-quarters to go round it.” Stratosphere answered.

I nodded my head and looked at Phoenix; she had veered upwards to the North-East.

I followed her, but it wasn’t easy flying against the wind.

But as we started flying more northwards it got easier to fly against it.

Soon enough we saw the storm, rain, thunder, lightning and strong winds. Glad I wasn’t heading straight towards it.

But the strong wind had caused turbulence to the surrounding area of the storm. And that included where we were flying and it was dreadful.

Phoenixfire kept getting blown off course slightly every now and then because for it.

I felt the turbulence hit my wings but my weight kept me from getting blown off course too much.

When we had pasted the storm the island was far away and in plain view.

As soon as we saw the island Phoenixfire asked. “Is that lab built under an active volcano!?!”