Login
Lexicon
Transformers Fanfics, Essays, Author Interviews and More...! Established 1996!

3: The Race For Survival by Phoenixfire90

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes:

I should say that these Earth log entries aren't proper chapters.

Phoenixfire's Earth Log number: 177#

A week after the last chapter.

Dear Log Entry.

I guess you got the basic idea of what had happened during the last two lessons.

Yeah, crash and burn...

So we had to work on our technique so what, it’s not like it’s impossible.

So we’ve just kept going.

You know, past all of the glitches and problems with the wings; Optimus is a pretty darn good flyer.

I honestly think when Optimus was born, Primus forgot to put wings on him because he seems quite at home in the sky.

Like me really....

But if he feels the same way I feel when I take flight, I’ll never truly know.

Anyway, about 3 days ago we were about to head out for practice when you wouldn’t believe who turned up.

The Aerialbots.

Breakaway had brought them in to help root the Decepticons out of hiding.

Did I mention I hated the Aerialbots?

No?

Oh ok, I hate them!!!

They call what they do flying????

Ha ha!!!!

Frankly I’ve seen dodos fly better than them and yes I did say this to their face.

And yeah, they were quite insulted by this.

But I mean, honestly, how can they stay up for such a long time without flapping their so called wings?!?

Then again father’s new wings don’t flap either.... But at least they are aerodynamic and balanced by his weight.

But trust me when I say this, the Aerialbots don’t like me either.

In my defence I didn’t do anything to make them hate me, well, actually, I once beat the entire team in a race back on Cybertron. They really didn’t take getting beaten by a bird freak girl very well.

But Breakaway still likes me, he’s always liked me.

I even heard a rumour (from Whitefire) that he has a secret crush on me.

I said a rumour; it’s nothing more than that.

So anyway, the Aerialbots and I ended up arguing about flying styles.

What can I say? I really don’t like to get beaten by the mechs, especially hotshot flamboyant young mechs.

Optimus had to drag me away from them to stop a fight breaking out.

But otherwise it went quite well...

Although, during the next flight lesson they laughed.

Why?

Because I was teaching father how to ‘bank’ (it’s a technical flight term for veering hard left or right) and he veered too much to the right and although he did try to correct his mistake he crashed. Again...

But this time straight into the sea, Draco was far from pleased when he had to fish him out.

Thankfully father laughed at the mistake later on.

The lesson after that was better, this time we were going to work on the landing.

He got everything perfect except the landing itself, he didn’t crash but he did trip on the landing.

But he did do better than my first ever landing.

So we’ve been working hard on the lessons all week and until this morning we got a phone call.

The call was from the MechTech Labs, located on an island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean.

It used to be an old Sector Seven data archive but now NEST use it to study Cybertronian technology and we Autobots use it to create and build new weapons for both NEST and Autobot troops.

Not bad for Wheeljack and the Weackers (even though they have a mini lab and workshop here), as long as their dangerous experiments are away from me, I’m happy.

So I was saying, Wheeljack was on the phone asking if Prime, the Aerialbots, Bumblebee and I could come and have a look at some new weapons.

And also the scientists wanted to meet us at last.

So guess where we’re heading, yep, the MechTech Labs.

End of Earth Log entry...