Login
Lexicon
Transformers Fanfics, Essays, Author Interviews and More...! Established 1996!

3; Separating of Paths by Phoenixfire90

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Chapter 11, Last Minute Change of Plan

 

On the day of the launch, in Phoenix's bedroom.

 

(From Phoenixfire's point of view)

 

I haven't got any sleep because I felt sick with worry.

Bumblebee had made promise to me that he'd come back.

He promised...

I got up in the middle of the night and prayed to Primus.

I asked him if he'd make sure that the Ark crew came back safe.

I had cyber-butterflies in my Energon Storage unit as I said the words.

Look don't get me wrong, I want to go with the crew but my dad won't let me.

I didn't care that it was dangerous; I just wanted to be with my Bumbly wumbly.

Yeah, I'm in love!

But I ain't the only one, Whitefire; my medic is in love with Ratchet.

While Rakatan, even though she still has animal/Decepticon instincts is Jazz's girlfriend.

I thought he was crazy at the time when he asked her on a date, but it worked and slowly but surely she will be a proper Autobot like her older sister.

Yeah the girls will miss them; I guess the guys will too.

But none will miss them more than Elita and Chromia.

They'll miss Optimus and Ironhide; they'll miss them a lot.

I fear mother may do something stupid...

Look who is talking, my master plans are just plain crazy but they do work....

Did I get that from mum? Or dad? Maybe even both.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention earlier, for a while we did march from city to city but after a while we found out that we out this Space port was in the city... Iacon.

Yeah, we left there in the first place, we had made a trip around the world and now we're back again.

Oh well, I did miss this place...

Well, no point in losing sleep Bee's going on that mission in the morning with Wheeljack and I've got to say good bye to him.

Yeah no poi... zzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz

 

The next morning.

 

I slept in late again.

I do that if I have a rough night, always have done.

I felt drained, like my energy was gone but nothing an Energon cube can't fix.

I started to walk down the hallway, when I went past Autobots they were all quiet.

As if they knew this whole mission was going to fail, that or they were worried that things would go into chaos after Optimus was gone.

But I think my mum will take-over along with some other Autobot, Ultra I think his first name was, not sure about his last name.

Ratchet said that he's a close friend to my dad,

I started to look for Bumblebee hoping that he hadn't gone on the mission yet.

Then I found the hanger doors open, standing there was Optimus, Wheeljack and........

"BUMBLEBEE!!! I'M SOOOOO GLAD I CAUGHT YOU BEFORE YOU LEFT FOR THE MISSION!!!!" I yelled as I flung myself in his arms.

Optimus and Wheeljack looked at each other in surprise.

Bee hugged me in return.

"Are you worried about me?" He asked.

"Of course I am silly!! Good luck and don't let the cons catch you." I said back.

I let go and he said, "I won't my friend."

We both bowed to each other, they both transformed and left.

I turned to my dad and said, "What was the mission again?"

"Stealing Energon Rods from the Decepticon base in Kaon to power the last part of the Ark, why?"

"Oh nothing...”

 

An hour or two later in the Kaon Decepticon base.

 

(From Bumblebee's point of view)

 

After Wheeljack and I grabbed the rods we ran.

He undid a barred floor panel, took the rods off me and pulled me up while saying, "There's not enough energy in these conductors to last a qurtext."

When I got pulled up I replied back, "At lest we found these Wheeljack."

Yes I was always like this.

"And when these run out?" He asked grimly.

My answer was, "We can't worry about that now. Let’s get back to Iacon"

With that Jack transformed, I put the rods in and muttered, "I bet Optimus will be glad to see us." as I sat down inside him.

Then we were off, travelling down the old roads over the cities.

Then I heard, "We're nearing the bridge to Iacon, one mega-mile to go."

"Home sweet home." I muttered, feeling happy with what we just pulled off, little did I know that feeling was going to change.

"Uh oh, a Decepticon welcoming committee." My friend informed me.

No, just as I thought we were going to get away with it, I could hear the cons shouting as Jack put up his shield.

I could also hear the laser-blasters going off and deafening too.

The Seeker team, a nasty lot.

The boot door opened, I jumped out, took cover and opened fire.

I yelled to my partner in annoyance, "Prime told me there would be days like this."

"And you didn't believe him..." He said in return.

Then there was an explosion behind me, really close to me, "I do now!"

Then Thundercracker sent a flame-thrower that formed a ring around us.

Its missions like this that I wish Phoenixfire would have gone instead of the partner I have now!!

"We got to get these Energon conductors back to Iacon!" Jack shouted.

"I'm right behind you!" I yelled, then I transformed.

Then Jack made a cheesy comment, "Mind if I cut in?" as he retraced two small turbines and blew the flames away.

Then we hit the gas, running over one of the Decepticon guards, the other two transformed and took off after us.

They opened fired on us, each time they narrowly missed us.

We raced though the highways of the city with the jets still on our tails, we tried to shake them but it was no good.

I started to fall behind Jack then...

BANG!!!

One of the jet's shots hit me in the back; I flipped while in my car mode.

Wheeljack noticed this, opened his boot and yelled, "Bumblebee!!! Get in quick!!"

I drove up the ramp and the boot closed, he asked, "Are you alright?"

I felt a lot of pain, they had landed a good shot, "Yeah *groan* I think it's my rear axial."

"Well hang on to your crankshaft, I'm shifting into overdrive!" My partner said.

I could still the gunfire outside and it sounded close.

I knew if I ran into Phoenixfire she would go mad, saying things like, "I should have went!" and, "I would have taught those Seekers a thing or two."

We then headed underground and continued to drive until, "Wheeljack to Iacon, we're coming in!"

 

Inside Iacon Autobot HQ.

 

When Jack opened up, I reversed out and transformed, Optimus was waiting.

I only muttered, "Ow....."

My mission partner also transformed.

I asked Prime where was Phoenix, he muttered that she was with her mum.

I joined Optimus and the others on the lift and I got off on the floor below the others.

For a while I was hoping that she was going to turn up but she didn't, nearby I heard Optimus say, "Any luck Jazz?"

After that I heard nothing just distant mumbling.

I knew I was going to leave and I didn't want to go without saying bye.

But if she didn't turn up I couldn't.

 

An hour later.

 

(From Phoenixfire's point of view)

 

I was racing around looking for Bee, while the others looked for their partners.

Just as they were heading for the boarding area we ran into them.

I hugged dad and told them good luck.

They thanked me and wished me, the female Autobots and my team luck.

I was just about to hug and kiss Bee when I heard an explosion close-by.

Then smoke filled the room.

Then a voice said, "You and family aren't getting off this planet alive Phoenixfire, BAH HA HA HA *Cough cough*!!!! Pat my back for me, will you, Lyra?"

Through the smoke came Katrina, followed by Snapdragon, behind them 4 other creatures.

A wolf, a coyote, a turbofox and a spotted hyena.

They were all growling and snarling and all of them looked blood-thirsty.

"Well do you like my personal army, Phoenix? My father and Soundwave made them let me introduce, Lyra the coyote, Booja the turbofox, Nausicaa the wolf and Mint the spotted hyena.

Mint in question started laughing hysterically and said, "Look at those freak shows!"

Then Booja said, "Yeah, us dogs are way better and cooler than you stinkin cats, well except for Katrina and Snapdragon of course."

"SAY THAT TO OUR FACE YOU DOG-FACED FREAKS!" Blackfire said, as she said it she spat.

"Hold on, two cats leading a small group of dogs, isn't that... I don't know, impossible and weird?" I asked.

Katrina started to go red at the face (same colour as her optics) and said, "Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!!! ENOUGH OF THIS CHIT-CHAT!!!!"

"Hold on..." I said as I turned to Optimus, "You've got to go, get on that shuttle and get out of here. Don't worry; we'll keep these rejects busy."

"I'll back you up!" Elita shouted.

"So will I!!" Bee shouted.

"You can't, you've got to go with Optimus!" I said to Bee.

"But..." He started to say.

"No buts, Optimus needs every Autobot he can get his hands on and you said that you wanted to go to the stars, please... Don't miss your one chance."

But he just shook his head and as Optimus started to run to the shuttle, I had to do something.

I had to do the unthinkable.

I transformed and bit Bumblebee in the arm, he howled in pain and backed off, then I sounded my war-cry, this scared him away in the direction of Optimus.

I had to scare him, I had no choice. And yes I feel horrible, I even feel sick at doing it.

But I had to. Little did I know I'd be kicking myself for another 4 million years.

"Creed of the Phoenix and the Dragon... ATTACK, TAKE NO PRISONERS!!!!" I yelled.

But Katrina yelled back, "Creed of the Shadow and the Darkness, CHARGE!!!!! FOR THE GORY OF MEGATRON!!!!"

We ran into each other head-on with Elita's group helping out.

I'm telling you, if you've seen normal big cats or dogs fight then you're pretty close to what was happening right now, only imagine twice as big maybe even three times.

The dogs gave us a good run for our money if we had any.

I transformed back into robot mode and faced Katrina head on, when our swords met she said, "Shame the first ones were so weak, no wonder they joined you, they are the most pathetic, useless, weakest..."

Before she could continue, I released one of my hands off the single sword I was using and pulled off a dirty trick. I punched her in the face, she didn't expect that.

"Hmmmmmm," She muttered, "no wonder my father tried to give you a job, you're sneaky and a dirty fighter. We would have made a good duo." She ran into the shadows while the fight continued.

I backed up, only bumping into my mother's back.

"Phoenix, I'm going with your father. If I don't make it back you're in charge. You just need to distract the dogs so I can make a break for it." She said.

I nodded my head.

She left my side, as I used my swords and moves to distract the cons. Then I heard a bang, I collapsed and blacked-out.