Login
Lexicon
Transformers Fanfics, Essays, Author Interviews and More...! Established 1996!

2: Family and Friends, Love and War by Phoenixfire90, Dark Primus

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Chapter 17, Battle Royale part 2 of 2, The Autobot Guardian Angel

 

Continuing straight from the last chapter.

 

(From Optimus's point of view)

 

I ran to Phoenixfire, hoping she was ok.

But as usual she was fine, worn out, but fine.

Ratchet and Bee were already at her side, but she growled when she saw me.

She had her hands on her knees; from that angle I could see every injury on her body.

She then stood up, reached for her back strap pouch and brought out The Matrix of Leadership.

"I was hoping that I wouldn't have to use this." She muttered.

Her chest pulled apart to show her still beating and shining spark, I knew what she was going to do, "You're not going to do what I think you're going to do, right?" I asked.

"Sorry Optimus, I've got to stop Megatron, no matter the cost." She replied.

"But you could die or even worse, it could turn you into a real robotic animal." I yelled trying to get some sense into her.

"YOU WOULD DO THE SAME!!!" She yelled back.

But before I could stop her she put the Matrix inside her.

Within seconds a tornados of flames at least 50ft high then engulfed her and swear I heard her war-cry. The flames were intense and (since I was quite close) it burned my arm, Ratchet pulled me away from the inferno.

None of us quite believed our optics.

When the fire had stopped, we saw Phoenix in the air, hovering; she looked different, when I mean different I mean it.

Her height had changed she looked 34ft now, the wings span was 25ft instead of 20ft, had golden feathers and intense, burning white optics.

Her birthmark was glowing the same colour as her optics.

At first no one dared speak, I then realised that the transformer hovering above us wasn't Phoenixfire anymore.

She or it spoke first, "I am Sunrise, the guardian angel of good and honest and the angel of justice and peace. You must be Optimus Prime, Primus speaks highly of you and so does Victor Prime."

I was too, how would the humans say it, flabbergasted to speak, Ratchet muttered, "I think it's talking to you sir."

"I am NOT an it, I'm a she, thank you very much!!" Sunrise snapped to Ratchet.

Oddly this angel didn't sound like Phoenix at all, she sounded kinder, more loving than my daughter.

I then got out, "How can you speak English?"

"Because I've been watching you and your children for years, while watching I picked up the creature's language. Through Phoenixfire I’ve been watching over the Autobot group and you Optimus Prime. And don't fear for her, as soon as I finish speaking to you, I'll go back to Primus and she'll go back to normal."

"And this battle mode?" Ratchet asked.

"She'll fight Megatron in it, and yes she'll know she's doing it. I'm just helping her out."

"So then, can Phoenix turn into that mode without the Matrix of Leadership Sunrise?" The medic asked again.

She nodded her head and just as she was about to fly off I yelled, "Wait! How are you related to me?"

She turned around to me to answer. "I'm sorry Optimus Prime but I can't tell that for your own protection."

I felt sorry for the angel. Then the transformer's optics turned blue again and she flew off.

Below and across from where we were, Megatron was commanding his battling troops.

Phoenixfire had transformed into Golden Phoenix mode and was above the clouds.

For a minute we couldn't see her, then there was a flash of golden lighting and it attacked the Decepticon leader.

All the troops had stopped fight when they saw this.

My daughter then transformed in Golden Phoenix robot mode.

My step-brother looked shocked at this Transformer in front of him, he knew it was his niece, but she'd changed. He drew fusion cannon and started firing.

She jumped on to the canyon walls and started to run along it, all the time dodging every shot.

I think the humans would call the skill, free running, I already knew she was really good at it, but the left bad leg put an end to that years ago.

She then did a back flip, grabbed Megatron's shoulders and dragged him over the edge of the canyon, both of went tumbling down and on to the ground and the nearby river.

"This could get ugly...” Ratchet muttered beside me.

Draco (who was below us) shouted, "What in hell's name is going on!?!"

I didn't answer him, I couldn't, and I was watching the battle royale taking place.

Phoenix got up, drew her swords and started the attack, she yelled as she landed every blow, "YOU KILLED MY MOTHER!!! YOU HELPED KILL MY DAD'S FAMILY AND YOU DESTROYED CYBERTRON!!!!! NOW YOU’RE GOING TO PAY!!!!!!!!!"

Then the leader backed off and he shouted, "Katrina!! Snapdragon!!" as he covered a huge sword wound in his lower chest with his arm.

The two clones jumped onto her in beast modes, but she threw them off her.

Now, I already knew that Katrina had a Panther with Condor wings beast mode, but this was the first time I saw Snapdragon's, a brown lion with a black mane.

Phoenix then transformed into her beast mode.

Again this mode had powered-up as well, it was 15ft high (instead of the normal height of the animal or super sized version which is 10ft).

They went on their hind legs and clawed each other, biting, snapping and clawing each other.

The Decepticon twins knew that if they kept in their beast modes, they'd lose so they transformed into their phoenix and dragon robot modes.

My daughter transformed too and she didn't even bother to use her swords at first.

A swift kick threw Snapdragon into the rock face, above him was a boulder.

Phoenix stunned Katrina for a quick second, in that second she pulled her gun out and fired 2 shots, the first shot hit the boulder, it fell and landed on top of Snappy body.

Oddly he was still alive but that didn't last long.

The second shot was aimed at his head, she fired and he was dead.

"SNAPDRAGON!!!!!! YOU'RE GOING PAY FOR THAT!!!!! His sister shouted as she lunged at her.

But in a nanosecond, Phoenix switched her gun for her sword and plunged the sword into the girl's spark.

A loud scream was heard and her spark exploded.

Her attention turn back Megatron, who was wide-opticed in pure fear, he was half-slumped on the other side of rock face, still holding his injury.

She then sounded her war-cry as a challenge.

He got up and started fighting her, hand-to-hand, claw-to-claw.

She bit into his arm and then she kicked him in the face.

This floored him; my daughter put her foot on top of him and had her sword at his throat.

Everybody was holding their breath; the Decepticon drones had made a run for it ages ago.

For 10 minutes there was complete and utter silence, staring into each other’s optics.

They were bruised, battered and bleeding all over.

Then we heard, "Go on then, kill me, add one more notch to that sword."

Everybody thought that she was going to kill him, but then she said, "No...... NO! If I kill you here and now I'd be just as bad and Sparkless as you. I'll let you live uncle, but if I see your ugly face ever again, you won't be so fortunate."

Her chest pulled apart to show the Matrix of Leader beating along with her Spark.

She took it out and threw it to me, grabbed it without trouble.

Then Phoenixfire started shrinking, first her legs, then her middle part of her body and then her arms.

Before we knew it, she was back to her 24ft height; orange once again, the birthmark and the optics had stopped glowing.

Megatron looked shocked as she walked away from him.

We all started celebrating, happy that she beat him.

I put the Matrix back in my chest for safe keeping.

Then we heard.......

BANG!!!!!

I turned around to see that she stopped walking; I put my hand up to stop the celebrations.

She then collapsed and saw what had happened.

The back plating of Phoenix's neck was missing and Megatron had fired his fusion cannon.

He started to make a run for it and by the time Ratchet and I got down to where my daughter was, he was gone.

I was expecting her to be fine and wake up, but the worried look on the medic's face said otherwise.

He called Wheeljack and Perceptor down too and told us to keep back, this started to look serious.

I then noticed a large pool of Energon... her Energon.

Then Ratchet started shouting something about 'losing her' then 5 minutes later he said he'd 'stabilized her'.

The medic got up, turned to me and said, "We need to get back to Diego Garcia now before she flat lines again, tell your son to open a portal home."

I did and some of us went through, while the others started to clean up.