Login
Lexicon
Transformers Fanfics, Essays, Author Interviews and More...! Established 1996!

Choro-Q Rodimus Prime by Dirge

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Name: Rodimus Prime
Allegiance: Autobot
Alternate Mode: Futuristic Motorhome

MOTORHOME MODE
Height: 4.5cm Length: 7cm Width: 4.5cm

A red motorhome with an orange cockpit, blue windscreen, silver exhausts on either side and a yellow wing on the roof - not dissimilar to the original. If you have the Metallic version, as I do, the orange will be bronze, the yellow will be gold and he'll have a black windshield. All except the windshield will be metallic. In either case, Rodimus Prime has yellow flames painted on his hood, with an Autobot logo in the centre, and yellow and orange flames down the sides. He has six chromed wheels with rubber tyres. The proportions are a little off compared to the original, since he's a Chibi motorhome, but aside from the rear wheels sticking out to the sides further than they should it works quite well.

As with the other Choro-Q Transformers, Rodimus Prime has a pull back motor, which is in the front, since the rear becomes his legs and he needs that space for his shins. Pull him back and the front wheels will pull him along quite nicely, mine moves in a straight line, too. You have the option of mounting his gun on top of the fin or leaving it out.

It's a decent vehicle mode - it does what it's meant to do, and the mountable gun is a nice touch. I'm not a fan of the extra wide rear, but it's necessary if you want his legs to be hidden inside. The pull back feature, which is a big reason for him being, works well.

TRANSFORMATION TO ROBOT MODE

Flip up the rear fenders, fold down the front and rotate the wing on his back. Give him his handgun. His arms will be forward by default, you can swing them down to his sides if you like.

ROBOT MODE
Height: 6cm Width: 5.5cm

Mainly red again, with the orange (or bronze) on his chest and legs, Rodimus has grey boots (which are metallic on mine), silver hands and face and blue eyes, as well as the flame on his chest - including the Autobot symbol. The yellow (gold) wing is on his back, although it's far less prominent than the one on the original Rodimus Prime. As you'd expect, he's _very_ short and plump.

Since this toy has no gun emplacement, the transformation is fundamentally different from that of the original, and the hood sticks straight out, whereas the original's hood is flat on the chest. The face and legs are unmistakably those of the Cartoon Rodimus Prime, though, so he still looks like Rodimus Prime.

Poseability is limited to his shoulders rotating, which isn't much, although I don't really expect anything more of a super deformed toy of this size, let alone one with a pull back motor. The only other play value of any sort is the ability to attach his handgun, which is a faithful to the original, incidentally.

VARIATIONS

As mentioned, there is a standard (called "Anime") and a Metallic version. The standard is the traditional Rodimus Prime, whereas the darker metallic one is a tasteful, if less accurate, variant.

OVERALL

The Choro-Q Transformers really offer little more than novelty value. If you can get Rodimus Prime for a few dollars, he's cute and fun to fidget with, but I wouldn't search high and low - this isn't the sort of toy I'd give an arm or a leg for. Fun for what he is, but nothing special - 6/10