Login
Lexicon
Transformers Fanfics, Essays, Author Interviews and More...! Established 1996!

A Word With The Boss by Scimitar

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +

We never made it out of the main room before Jetfire called me over. "So, I see that you have your new exosuit. Wheeljack has done an excellent job. Oval, Backtrack, Spiral, I'd like to speak with Andy for a moment."

   Uh-oh, I thought; this couldn't be good. Oval waved to me as he and the rest of the Street Speed Team went aboveground. "Am I in trouble?" I asked Jetfire.

   "Not at all," Jetfire responded. "I just want to talk with you for a moment." We walked down a corridor that seemed to dead-end. When we reached the end, Jetfire placed a finger in a hole in the door, and the door swung open after he withdrew his finger. Behind the door was Jetfire's private quarters. "Have a seat on Comettor's bunk."

   I sat down on a bunk across from a large platform that I took to be Jetfire's bed. The general sat on the platform and leaned in towards me. "Oval told me that he explained the order of Armada to you."

   "He did, and he gave me a little background on the Autobots, Decepticons, Minicons, and the war. You know, he holds you to be some kind of saint," I added.

   Jetfire chuckled a bit, to my relief. "You'll find that most of the Minicons in my task force hold the same opinion. I don't think of myself in the same light, though I do regard myself as an advocate for the freedom of all. There are some of my comrades who feel that the Minicons are no more than tools for our use. I, however, see the Minicons for who they are: beings just like the Autobots who are merely misunderstood due to their height."

   "Remind me to tell you about Martin Luther King Jr. someday," I told him.

   "Now, Andy, I would like to discuss the potential relationship between the Autobots and the humans in this town of "Cocoa Beach'. Would there be any potential stumbling blocks?"

   "The only problem I can see is that the Kennedy Space Center is near here, and the scientists from Kennedy might try to take you guys apart or something. They're weird like that. But otherwise, I think it would be cool for the humans and Autobots to work together," I told him honestly. What harm could there be?

   "One of the reasons I chose this area was its close proximity to a spaceport," Jetfire explained. "And I assure you, we can defend ourselves against prospective dissectors."

   "But I wonder how happy the government would be with you guys being here," I went on, forgetting for the moment that Jetfire was in the room. "They would think that you were drawing the Decepticons in."

   "With the armed forces of your government on our side, we could defeat the Decepticons in a shorter period of time. If we have their attention, it might be for the better. It's settled, then: we'll begin integration into the community here, with you as a go-between."

   "Me?" I repeated sheepishly. "But- but I'm just a kid! No one is going to listen to me!"

   "They will listen if you go in with a few Autobots. Now, there is one more matter that I must discuss with you before you can go home. This concerns your personal life," Jetfire told me as I took on an expression of confusion. "I have been reading about your life after I received the psycho-telemetry report from Wheeljack."

   "The psycho-what?" I asked.

   "His psycho-telemetry machine; it analyzes and records a person's thoughts and opinions into a written report," clarified Jetfire. Anyway, it has come to my attention that a certain acquaintance of yours has a certain artifact with her."

   "Who?" I blurted.

   "Her name is Julie Gold." I saw this coming. I knew he was going to bring Julie into this mess. "She wears a pendant that, from your description, seems to be the Eye of Vector Omega. The Eye is the operating gem of Vector Omega, a sinister computer that was the prototype for Vector Sigma, the computer in the core of Cybertron. If it is put back into Vector Omega, the computer will restart and attack Cybertron."

   "Where are you going with this?"

   "I'm putting you the Street Speed Team-which now includes you-on guard duty for Julie. I want you to begin tonight."

   "Okay-" I said, a little fearful. At that moment, I wished that I wasn't in the SST.