Arrival by isoner
Summary: Marissa arrives in japan.
Categories: Alternators and Binaltech Characters: None
Genre: Drama
Location: Library
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 928 Read: 529 Published: 30/04/08 Updated: 30/04/08

1. Arrival arrival by isoner

Arrival arrival by isoner
The secret of the Legion 3

Disclaimer: I own none of the characters contained or alluded to in this story- Except Kaori. :) This story follows continuity and concepts in my "Fragments" story.

Marissa Fairborn had not had the easiest of lives, but the irregularities of her past had given her certain advantages. She had been born to loving parents, her mother, Allison and her father Dashiell; they had had her out of wedlock and had kept her birth secret for many years because of the nature of their jobs. She frequently stayed with one set of grandparents or the other, with her parents coming to visit her as often as their jobs would allow.

When she was about ten or so, her parents were able to step back from their work and finally married properly. That had been the best time, when they were the family they always wanted to be. Her mom taught her how to throw the javelin and knives, and together her mom and dad and sometimes one or two of their old friends would teach her Judo. Marissa liked it when her parents old work friends would stop by, it would be like a party. They would swim, run and play all sorts of games, she had a fun time when the adults would be surprised that she could keep up with them.

Then, a few years later, her parents had to go back to work; a job she knew and understood now, but didn't as a child. That was when things started to fall apart. Her mother was murdered by Red Shadows. Worse, her father had been unable to cope with the loss. It was like she had lost him as well.

Later a situation happened, and things went terribly wrong but no one was around who could help her. It wasn't her father who had saved the day, but Optimus Prime. She was able to stay with him for a time until her father came to retrieve her. Her time with Prime had a great impact on her, it was like he was the father she had lost. When her father did retrieve her, it had been a good time, he was like he use to be, and frequently apologized for not being there for her, and promising never to be away again. It didn't last. She found herself longing for the father figure that Optimus Prime had represented more than she longed for her real father.

The contacts she had gained through her parents old friends had definitely come through for her. Chip managed to track what ship was moving the body of Optimus Prime to Japan. She had then been able to use her own contacts (and those of her parents) to move herself and her considerable equipment to Japan ahead of it. She had also discovered that a small resistance movement was growing that opposed Japan's recent anti-Transformer stand. Many of the leaders of that resistance movement were people who had been saved or helped by the Autobots over the years. They were none too happy to discover that what they viewed as the villainous EDC had possession over the body of Optimus Prime.

Marissa Fairborn arrived in Japan the hard way, with a forged passport, and by swimming from a submarine parked off shore. On reaching the beach she stripped off her wetsuit, revealing her white bikini swimsuit and recently dyed blond hair. She wasn't sure she liked the blond hair- it made her look six years younger and made her hair frizzy, but it was too late to go jet black and straightened now.

A Jeep Wrangler was parked at the top of the beach, waiting for her. Folded nicely in the driver's seat was a jumpsuit that she put on over her swimsuit. In the glove compartment were a few small electronic devices, a gun, and a set of throwing knives, all of which had been provided by Chip.. just in case. One of the small devices was a remote activator to wake up Optimus Prime and Hot Rod once she found them.

"Ok, lets find that resistance group and get some recon," Marissa said to no one who met the eye, "Then we can get the others in place."

*****

As usual, Kayu tended to avoid the rest of the group when she reported for her shift at the EDC base. The other women on Rat Squad took it for granted that Kayu was just too shy to interact with them. Shao-Shao sat at her desk updating paperwork.

For a moment, Shao-Shao and Ringo's eyes met. Ringo stared at her intending intimidation, but the Chinese girl either didn't notice or didn't care, and flashed Ringo a friendly smile and waved. Ringo smiled back at her, before climbing off of her bar stool playfully and walking out of the room.

Amano, wearing her usual kimono was standing in the hallway, one ear listening to the Rat Squad ready room, but the rest of her attention focused on the central control room that was in front of her. She sensed rather than saw Ringo approaching her.

"In my office," Amano said, turning and walking down the hall to her personal office.

Ringo followed her commanding officer into the office.

"I don't think shes going to play ball," Ringo said.

"Hmmm-" Amano said, sounding like her mind was somewhere else entirely. "Truly a pity, while you and Kayu are the closest to achieving true unity with your mecha; but she does have the greatest pure natural talent. We cant afford to lose any players."

"But-" Ringo started.

"Don't worry, dear. Ill take care of it."
This story archived at http://www.transformersfanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=4705